ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University women's basketball team returns to conference play on Saturday as they'll look to stay unbeaten when they square off against rival Webster. Tip-off at 1 p.m.
Fontbonne (4-6; 3-0 SLIAC) at Webster (4-6; 2-1 SLIAC)
When: January 4th, 2020
Location: St. Louis, Mo.
Time: 1 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
Live Stats: HERE
Last Meeting: Webster def. Fontbonne 72-42 (1/19/19)
A Look At The Griffins
- Fontbonne closed out the 2019 year with a tough 65-62 loss against Central on December 30th.
- Kourtney White led the floor with her first double-double totaling 20 points and 12 boards on 8-of-13 shooting. Rylee Stafford was the other player in double-figures with 16.
- On the year, they're averaging 63.0 points on a 38.8 field goal percentage.
- Stafford paces the offense with a team-high 12.8 season average, while Raven Venegas averages 11.0 points and shoots a team-high 51.5 percent from the floor.
- In conference play, the Griffins have been dominant on both ends of the floor averaging 71.3 points and shooting 46.1 percent from the field. Defensively, they're holding opponents to a mere 52.7 points and a 33.1 field goal percentage.
- Stafford is rolling through conference foes with a 22.0 point per game average, shooting 47.7 percent from the floor, and 39.3 percent from beyond-the-arc.
- Raven Venegas is connecting on a team-high 63.6 percent of her shots in three games and averaging 11.3 points per game.
A Look At The Webster Gorloks
- The Gorloks are coming off an 0-2 stint trip to California where they fell 74-59 against Whittier and 66-65 against Pomona-Pitzer.
- Through 10 games thus far, the Gorloks are putting up 68.2 points, shooting 42.8 percent from the floor, and 34.1 percent from downtown. Defensively, they're forcing 23.0 turnovers per game.
- Individually, Addison Beussink leads the offense with a team-high 15.1 points and 7.1 rebounds per game.
- Naomi Johnson averages 11.9 points on a 49.3 field goal percentage. Julie Baudendistel and Jaysea Morgan are both averaging 9.5 points per contest.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's basketball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).