ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University women's basketball team looks for a key road win against Spalding on Wednesday. Tip-off at 5:00 p.m.
Fontbonne (6-8; 3-3 SLIAC) at Spalding (9-6; 5-2 SLIAC)
When: January 16th, 2019
Where: Louisville, Ky.
Time: 5:00 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
A Look At The Griffins
· The Griffins will hit the court for the first time in a week after having its game against Iowa Wesleyan on Saturday postponed due to inclement weather.
· In its last time out, the Griffins scored a season-high 97 points in its win over Eureka.
· The team upped its season average to 71.3 points per game and are shooting 72.8 percent from the charity stripe.
· Stafford leads all scorers with a 15.4 point per game average. Raven Venegas continues to lead the Griffins from the floor with a 54.4 field goal percentage, to go along with her 10.9 season average.
· Black (9.4 ppg) and Guffey (9.0 ppg) are averaging just under 10.0 points per game.
A Look At The Spalding Golden Eagles
· The Golden Eagles earned its second straight win after a 64-50 win over Blackburn on Saturday.
· The team picked up the 14-point win despite shooting 29.4 percent from the floor. Maleah Hirn led Spalding with a team-high 16 points.
· On the season, the team is posting 66.9 points and shooting 37.7 percent from the floor. Defensively, they're holding teams to 60.7 points per contest.
· Individually, Alex Martin paces the offense with a 17.3 point per game average, shooting 45.0 percent from the floor, and leads them on the glass at 6.9 rebounds per game.
· Hirn upped her season average to 11.9 points and ranks second on the team with 2.5 assists per game.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's basketball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).