ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University women's basketball team looks for a bounce back win against WashU on Tuesday night. Tip-off at 6 p.m.
Fontbonne (3-4) at WashU (4-3)
When: December 11th, 2018
Where: The Field House
Time: 6 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
Live Stats: HERE
Live Audio: HERE
A Look At The Griffins
- The Griffins dropped a tough 75-70 outing at home on Saturday against Central (Iowa).
- The team shot 38.2 percent from the floor and were led by Jillian Venegas' career-high 21 points on 7-of-13 shooting.
- Rylee Stafford was the final player in double-figures with 17.
- On the season, the team is posting 69.4 points per game and are led by Raven Venegas' 11.4 points and 57.1 field goal percentage.
- Stafford upped her season average to 10.6 points, while Paige Black is averaging 9.7 points per game.
- Defensively, they're holding teams to 65.0 points and averaging 14.0 steals per game.
A Look At The WashU Bears
- This will be the third straight SLIAC opponent for the Bears. The team defeated Greenville 71-55 on Dec. 3rd, but fell 70-68 against Westminster last Thursday.
- The Bears shot 47.5 percent from the field in the defeat, but were outrebounded 39-30 on the glass.
- Madeline Homoly earned a double-double with a team-high 22 points and 11 rebounds. Rachael Sondag went 5-of-11 to finish with 12 points.
- On the season, the Bears are scoring 73.1 points, shooting 44.2 percent from the floor and averaging 39.7 rebounds per game.
- Homoly is the focal point of the offense where she's averaging a team-high 16.4 points on 53.8 percent shooting and leads in the rebound department with 7.9 per game.
- Kristina Schmelter puts up 8.9 points per game and gets it done at the charity-stripe going 20-of-21 (95.2 percent).
- Defensively, the Bears are allowing just 61.9 points per game.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's basketball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).