KENOSHA, Wis.—The No. 2-seeded Fontbonne University men's volleyball team will enter the MCVL Tournament for the first time in program history and they'll open with No. 3-seeded Loras on Friday night. First-service at 4 p.m.
If the Griffins come away with the win, they'll advance to the championship game on Saturday afternoon at 3 p.m., against the winner of No. 1 Carthage and No. 4 North Central.
Fontbonne (23-2; 7-2 MCVL) vs. Loras (21-6; 6-3 MCVL)
When: April 12th, 2019
Where: Kenosha, Wis.
Time: 4 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
Live Stats: HERE
Last Meeting: Fontbonne def. Loras 3-0 (28-26, 25-22, 25-20)
A Look At The Griffins
- The Griffins closed out the 2019 regular season on a six-game winning streak, including a sweep over Olivet and Adrian.
- On the year, the Griffins are averaging 12.70 kills per set and a .268 hitting percentage. Nationally, the team ranks first in opponent hitting percentage (.097), sixth in assists per set (11.83), sixth in kills per set, eighth in blocks per set (2.24) and 17th in hitting percentage.
- Individually, Mark Klusman leads the Griffins with 197 kills and a .185 hitting percentage.
- Emir Hadzisalihovic concluded the regular season with 163 kills and a .498 hitting percentage which is tops in NCAA Division III. He also leads the group defensively with 71 blocks.
- Josh Farley added 150 kills and a .236 hitting percentage, while Brendon Schwartze tallied 147 kills and a .240 hitting percentage of his own.
- Setter Kyler van Rossum-O'Connell ranks third nationally with his 10.61 assists per set.
- Zach Rothstein, meanwhile, totaled 231 digs and 3.12 digs per set which places him eighth in Division III.
A Look At The Loras College Duhawks
- The Duhawks earned a spot in the MCVL Tournament after a five-set thrilling win over Mount St. Joseph on April 6th.
- On the season, the Duhawks have compiled 13.01 kills per set and a .297 hitting percentage.
- Mihajlo Gomez leads them with 227 kills and a .254 hitting percentage.
- Leo Peters has 199 kills and a .295 hitting percentage to his name, while Jake Chudzik earned 195 kills and a .253 hitting percentage.
- Setter Patrick Hollander averages 4.22 assists per set in his last nine matches.
- Defensively, Gomez has come away with 124 digs and Ian Walsh leads Loras at the net with 83 blocks.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's volleyball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).